Experience by Sector:
Throughout my professional experience, I have served as a digital marketer or PR practitioner in the following industries:
- Charity Agencies: Caritas of Waco, 2010. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association, 2011. BRAINBOX, 2011-2012.
- Clothing Manufacturing: Candy Queen Store, 2012.
- Contract Manufacturing: Nova/Link, 2012.
- E-Commerce: Calendars.com, 2014-2016. ShopFuego.com, 2016.
- Education Management: CISV International, 2012.
- Entertainment and Sports: WWE Network, 2014. Lekker Magazine (discontinued), 2012
- Food and Drink: La Gloria, 2013. The Fruteria, 2013. True Flavors Catering, 2013.
- Law Enforcement: City of Brownsville Police Department, 2012.
- Travel, Tourism and Aviation: Aviacircle, Ltd, 2010.
Previous Digital Marketing Campaign Objectives
- Managed email and promotion channel vendors, including campaign production, proofing and approval process.
- Implemented and reported on the following A/B tests: copy, creative assets, offer thresholds and time-of-day.
- Assisted in managing transition to a new email service provider by overseeing creative and development projects.
- Leveraged predictive analytics data to produce highly targeted email campaigns.
- Maintained and assisted in the development of the annual Promotion Calendar.
- Updated website content as needed for each promotion.
- Produced creative copywriting for the following content: emails, newsletters and social media content.
- Managed daily activities of multiple social media networks, including managing creative assets, leading social engagement and response and extracting actionable insights from social monitoring data.
Previous Public Relations Campaign Objectives:
- Raised local community awareness about an organization or an issue.
- Promoted trade shows, annual events or fundraisers.
- Expanded a company’s network by reaching out to regional, national and international influencers and vendors.
- Ensured absolute client satisfaction at events by managing client schedules, entertainment and catering.
- Performed a complete overhaul of an organization’s online efforts by concentrating influence onto niche social networks and redesigning the organization’s main page.
- Increased online traffic to an organization’s main page through social media.
- Developed online influencer or taste-maker status through blog posts.
- Produced and distributed viral multimedia content to increase sales and local exposure.
- Assisted in the development of a request for proposal for a potential client.
- Edited an organization’s website and assisted in the launch of multiple social networking pages for an organization.
- Consulted in the ethical implications and rebranding of an organization’s social networking page.
- Monitored industry trends online, and collected press clippings.
- Researched innovative marketing and PR tactics for social media and conventional efforts.
- News Release and Press Kits.
- Press Advisories.
- Press Conference.
- Familiarity with AP Stylebook.
- Direct Mailing.
- Media Databases.
New Media Tools:
- Search Engine Optimization
- Viral Video Production.
- Image Distribution.
- Mobile Content Creation.
- Social Media and Bookmarking Platforms: Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, YouTube, Reddit, Snapchat, Tumblr, Instagram, Imgur, Pinterest, WordPress, Vimeo, Meetup, Soundcloud, Vine and more!
- Software: Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Publisher), Adobe Creative Suite CS6 (InDesign, Photoshop, Premiere, After Effects), Hootsuite Pro, Oracle RightNow CX, Final Cut Pro X, Hootsuite Pro, Oracle RightNow CX, Bronto Software, Zeta Mail and Custora Software
Newcastle University, Masters of Arts in Media and PR, 2011-2012
- Theoretical Approaches to PR
- Strategies and Management in PR
- Building a PR Campaign
- PR in the Digital Age
Baylor University, Bachelor of Arts in Journalism, Concentration in PR and Business, 2007-2011
- Writing for Media Markets
- Introduction to Media Photography
- Principles of Marketing
- Advertising Procedures
- Advanced PR
- International Marketing
- PR Media Programming
- Law and Ethics of Journalism
- Negotiating and Conflict Resolution
- Personnel Human Resources
- Professional Selling and Communications
Open to all locations particularly the following markets: Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston, Austin, San Antonio, San Francisco or Denver.